With its unique collection of more than 65500+ Books and 200 reputed international and national Journals (with bound volumes) in various disciplines, NIBM Library is the centre of attraction of academics, researchers and the banking fraternity across the country. Though the library has been built up mainly to cater to the needs of the banking and financial sector, it is well equipped in subjects like Economics, General Management, Leadership, Behavioural Sciences, Quantitative Methods, Sociology, Agriculture, Rural Development, Microfinance etc.
NIBM library receives newsletters, house journals, economic bulletins issued by various Indian banks. Apart from receiving important publications of various Indian Government agencies NIBM Library also receive publications of international institutions like International Monetary Fund, World Bank and Central Banks of various countries. The library also has a substantial collection of CD-ROMs, VCDs, microfiche, and audio tapes.
The library is open on all days except three national holidays viz. January 26, August 15, and October 2 and a few festive holidays like Holi, Gudi Padwa, International Labour Day, Ganesh Chaturthi, Dussehra and Diwali.
Bankers, academicians, researchers belonging to reputed academic and research institutions and industries from Pune only can avail of the library services as per the rules (*). Please note that the revised membership fee is inclusive of service tax charges.
For any query, you may contact Incharge Library
Revised Library membership fees (inclusive of service tax at applicable rate)
* Two copies of passport size photograph should be submitted along with Identity proof, address proof, Membership Fee and Deposit with completely filled application form
1. Web OPAC: The entire Library collection including books, journals, etc. can be searched through the web enabled Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC). Users can access the OPAC to find out the real-time availability of library materials from their own computer terminals.
2. Inter Library Loan/Resource Sharing: Library has co-operative arrangements with other major libraries to get documents, which are not available in the NIBM Library. Faculty and researchers can avail this facility.
3. Information Services: Library provides specific information services such as alert on upcoming conferences, news alerts, resource alerts, new arrivals, CAS, SDI, etc. to users.
4. Reference and Research Services: Library staff support the faculty and researchers in various ways like conducting extensive literature surveys, preparation of subject bibliographies on any given topic, reading lists, database searches, etc.
5. Photocopying: Photocopying facility is available on payment basis. However, photocopying of library materials should be done strictly according to the copyright regulations and as per library policy (other than books and copyrighted materials). Library will not be responsible for any copyright violations. Whenever in doubt, one should consult the library staff for clarifications.
6. Training: Library arrange training for online databases subscribed by library and also organize library orientation session for new users
7. Digital Library: The digital library is being created for internal users.
8. Banker’s Brief: The library renders a useful service to the top management of the banking industry through the publication of Bankers' Brief. It is a weekly service that provides an access to the information relating to the latest socio-economic developments which are very relevant to the banking industry.
- Individual : Rs.375/-
- Institutional : Rs.500/-
1. Reading room: Library has specious reading room at ground floor.
2. Multimedia machines: Four machines in the library are kept for watching VCD / DVD collection and for accessing the online databases subscribed.
3. Wi-Fi Connectivity: Library is Wi-Fi connected which helps internal users to use their laptops for database searching, internet searching in the library.
Library is subscribing to following databases:
- Ace Equity
- CMIE Economic Review
- CMIE ProwessIQ
- Cogencis data terminals
- EBSCO Business Source Complete database
- EPWRF India
- IMF eLibrary
- J-Gate Management Science
- National Digital Library (NDL)
- Proquest ABI/Inform Complete database
Journal Holdings(View pdf file)
For any query, please contact:
Mrs Bhakti Gole
National Institute of Bank Management
NIBM Post Office
Tel (EPABX) : 020-26716000
Tel (Library) : 020-26716306 (Direct) / 26716302 (Library Counter)